Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Life Recap

I have noticed something weird about blogging. The longer it is between posts, the harder it is to come up with something "blogworthy". And nothing in my life seems blogworthy right now. So here is what we have been doing to catch anyone up who still happens to be checking this thing (Mom).

It is that time of year again where I am looking at curriculum to order for next year. I have my list pretty well set, but I still have many books to add to wish lists so it will be easy to order when the time comes. Just my history and literature book list is 314 books long. It's a lot of books but really it isn't that many considering each kid reads at least 2 books a week for school. And the younger grades read more books since they are shorter. Beyond that, my list has math, grammar and grammar, spelling, handwriting, writing, science, music theory, and art. I am thankful that we can work with a school that helps us with purchasing our curriculum. We are able to get quality curriculum without worrying too much about cost. I still am not able to get everything on my wish list, but I can get the basics, and that's all that matters.

The kids are in their last month of Awana until the fall. They are working hard to learn the rest of their verses so they can finish their books in time. The grand finale for Awana is the pinewood derby race so the kids have been working on cars along with school and Awana verses.

And the last thing that we have been doing is dealing with spring issues. Cleaning the yard up. Taking plastic off windows. And I have been thinking about repainting and redecorating some rooms. The snow is almost all gone (for now) and it has rained for the last couple days so we should be getting some beautiful green grass soon.

That's our life in a nutshell. Not too exciting, but that's how we like it!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hey, did I ever tell you I am the director of Chums at our church? I don't know, maybe your church calls it T&T, but we still use the old Awana names. Anyway, I love, love, love the 3rd and 4th grade girls!

We have had a huge group this year! We are averaging 27 a week! How cool is that? And about 20 of them are unchurched. So what a wonderful time we have had sharing and teaching them the old Bible stories and salvation. They are so eager to hear the lesson each week and they've worked hard learning their verses!

Can you tell I love Awana? I've been in it for 18 years and it never gets old!

I hope you have a great weekend! I really need to email you a real letter sometime and share what's happening around here and I want to hear how you're doing too!