Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring break no more

Spring break is over. We took last week off of school and spent the time going through the house. Each room got cleaned up and I spent the majority of my time in the classroom. I did this for a couple reasons.

This winter the classroom has been used as a catch all. It was unorganized and cluttered. This is where the computers are in our house and therefore we spend a lot of time in this room. With six people living in the house this can be a big indicator of what rooms are the messiest.

Also I am ordering next years curriculum this week. In fact, tomorrow I am getting 5 boxes of stuff and I should have all or nearly all of it by the end of next week. Since I need to be ready to receive, organize, and make available these items, I needed to make sure the classroom was clean.

It's better than Christmas to me. All the new materials, the new ways to get my kids thinking for themselves. I LOVE getting new school supplies! And it's even better when I will be reimbursed for it.

No comments: