Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs- Timely Facts
















Since I skipped last weeks homeschool memoirs (That assignment was hard!) I figured I needed to get back in the saddle and actually do the assignment this week. So here goes...
THEME
This is our 10th Homeschool Memoirs so this week it’s going to be about 10 timely facts about you! Write 10 interesting, crazy, weird, fun facts about you! Include facts about you as a woman, a wife, a mommy, a homeschooler, a homekeeper, a taxi-driver, a cook, etc . I only put 10 facts because I didn’t want to overwhelm you, but you’re welcome to do more!


1. I am almost 8 years younger than my husband. That makes me feel pretty young today.

2. We have hundreds of books. Our own library, plus our "school library" which has easily 400 books on it's own. Next school year my school list has a couple hundred books on it, and I have a wish list of probably 200 books on top of that. I love books. And I love to have them at my fingertips.

3. I would love to have a place in the country where I can grow and raise most of our own food. I would have apples, pears, berries (strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries), garden, chickens, beef cow, pig and probably some other stuff. That is one of my dreams.

4. I am not willing to go into great debt for my dream, therefore I will probably stay in town.

5. I made a pumpkin pie from a can for the first time on Sunday. We had a can of pumpkin so we thought we'd try it. We didn't' like it as well. We will stick to using the pumpkin we bake down.

6. We use the barter system, a lot. The items we trade for the most is corn, bread, and milk. But it is not limited to that at all. We will also trade for chips, soda, firewood, maple syrup, auto repairs, or whatever anyone is willing to trade with us that we can use.

7. I don't like driving. I will do it without hesitation, but I prefer not to be in a car. I guess I prefer the destination over the journey to get there.

8. My favorite subject is history. I love learning about the past, but I couldn't care less about exact dates. I want to learn from history, but I don't see the point in having to know if something happened in 1843 or 1844.

9. I am the spender of the family. Sort of. I tend to spend a little more in daily life, but when Knight wants to take a vacation, get a new car, or something that is more substantial I can't see the point. Our cars run. I don't need a different one. So what if it has 283,000 miles on it (it really does). We don't spend much on repairs, and it starts when I want to drive.

10. I am the one who talked Knight into getting a Wii. He didn't think we'd really use it. I pushed and won. I am the only one who doesn't play it. I will play if I absolutely have to because someone made me feel guilty. I don't remember the last time I played. But Knight LOVES it.

2 comments:

Breezy Point Mom said...

I enjoyed this list, and I am very impressed that you don't usually use a can to make pumpkin pie. Wow!

flmom said...

I'm almost 11 years younger than my hubby - he turns 50 this year. I am finding myself really enjoying history because of homeschooling. I loathed it in public school.