Saturday, October 25, 2008

Quotes from Reagan

It seems to me that both sides of the political aisle talk greatly of Ronald Reagan. So I thought I'd share a few quotes from the former president. All great quotes. It's amazing how this is so applicable today

All great change in America begins at the dinner table.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

I don't believe in a government that protects us from ourselves.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Man is not free unless government is limited.

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'

1 comment:

Rach said...

Great quotes!!