Thursday, November 06, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs-Games

















THEME
This week I want to invite you to share what different games you use for learning in your homeschool. Outside games, board games, or card games, and what purpose or subject you use them for.




I have used a variety of games throughout our schooling. Some more than others.




Ten Days in ____. This is a series of games (Ten Days in Africa, Ten Days in Asia, Ten Days in Europe, Ten Days in the USA) that helps with geography. The premise of the game is to create a 10 day trip through the land. It can be a challenge, but the greatest part is that you are studying the map the whole time figuring out how to get from one country or state to the next. Highly recommended!




Blokus. A strategy game for all ages. Fun, fast moving, and challenging. Another favorite in the home.




Zookeepers Nightmare. Another strategy game. Looks easy but is more difficult that you would imagine. Great fun thought and the pieces are 3D!




Bookworm Adventures. Helping Lex the bookworm fight bad guys by spelling words. The bigger the word, the more power to his punch. This even got Knight hooked! There is a lot of mythical creatures in this so if that bothers you, I would not recommend it.




Those are some of the games that we use in addition to our schooling.


3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

I haven't heard of any of these games. I'm going to go check them out. :D

gingerbread stars said...

I haven't heard of any of these either. They sound great, exspecially Ten Days In...! I will have to look for that one!

tammy said...

Wow...these sound great! I am going to check into all of them. Thanks for sharing!!