Monday, November 12, 2007

**Announcement**

I need to apologize for the lack of posts lately. Things again have become crazy busy and this time there is a valid reason for it. Yeah, I know, school, church functions, awana, visiting, and all of the normal things can be valid excuses but this time is for real.

I received a phone call from someone looking for help. She had knowledge of and had a burden for this precious, sweet little girl that was currently without a home. This friend is not in the position to bring her into her family at this time, even though she and her whole family would love to be a huge part of her life, they just couldn't. And since she knew that I can never say no to those who actually need help she called me.

That was on Friday.

I said that I really didn't think that adding to my family would be best at this time.

Then on Saturday I went just to meet her. The kids instantly fell in love. She really IS the sweetest thing. I called Knight. He told me to go ahead and bring her home.

So now we have added to our family. At least for now.

We don't know if it is a temporary placement or if she will become a permanent part of our family but for now we are a family of 7.

Her name is Allie. For those who know our real names....say her name along with our last name. It will make you smile.

2 comments:

Leeann said...

You are the most amazing woman! How wonderful you are to open you home and heart to this little girl. She is so very lucky to have people like you in her life!

Anonymous said...

Allie is so precious. You know Allie is home to stay, right? Right!? I mean look at your kids' faces. :)

What sweet ol' softy you are. Yeah, love the name combo.