Monday, March 31, 2008

Aren't Food Co-op's for Hippies?

For years both Knight and I have wanted to eat more on the organic side of things but with 4 kids to feed, and basically a single income household we have found that it is nearly impossible. We have tried to make better choices in our grocery buying but have still found that there is a lot of chemicals that make it into our children's bodies that I would rather not.

Not that we will ever go strictly organic. I just can't see that happening. We make our living selling Little Debbie. How hypocritical would that be?

But I have friends that are almost all organic. And they have found a food co-op at decent prices. So now it is easier to eat more on the organic side of things. And the benefit to me is I don't have to go to the grocery store. I email my list, a couple days later it comes on a truck to my friends house and I go pick it up.

Yeah!

*for the locals...if you would like in on this just let me know. Deliveries every two weeks*

2 comments:

Tammy said...

We belong to a co-op too, but I don't get things every two weeks like that. Could you get me the info?

Are we talking produce, dairy, etc?

I've been ordering dry goods mostly.

I'm very interested!

Marti said...

I'd like info, too!

See you tomorrow night. (You'd better be there.) :)