Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The people that know me also know that I am not the most adventurous eater. I know what I like and tend to stick with those foods. I have been trying to make some new stuff lately, in part to use up some leftovers in the fridge, partly because I am just bored of the food we eat. Anything I make that is different is met with my children making faces and finding something wrong with it. It tastes funny, has an aftertaste, didn't taste the way they expected, etc. I have taken this as a challenge to get them to eat new foods with a better attitude so I am making new dishes more often and making them eat it. They are not happy but I guess I have to be a mom and make something other than the family favorites so they will broaden their tastes. It is teaching me many things that the Lord needs me to learn. So here I'm going to say, Mom, I am SO sorry for making your life just a little more frustrating by being a picky eater.

No comments: