Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Humor in Paradise

We are finishing up learning about Mesopotamia this week. We've talked about the Pangaea theory, settling, and some of the ancient towns. Ur, Babylon, Sodom, and Gamorah, just to name a few. As I have each week, I have asked who lived in Babylon. Each week they are able to get Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego. Actually, no matter who I ask, J-Bell pipes up and starts singing the "Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-nego" song. So I asked Rara who else lived in Babylon. She thought about it and answered "Mr. Nezzer!" At least Vegi-Tales taught her something. *For the record she did end up answering Daniel*

I entertain myself, a lot. The other night I was straightening my blanket to get ready for bed and Knight was already cuddled up under his blanket. I took notice that he took the warmer of the two. (No, we don't share blankets) I had a thought that I thought would be funny, so I crawled under my covers, grabbed the corner of his blanket and rolled to steal it. Apparently he was ready for me. He rolled with the blanket and cuddled right up to me with a "I'm so glad you want to cuddle tonight!" Apparently being married long enough, he knows all my tricks!

Having friends over the other day, the kids were talking about Knight's birthday that is coming up. Then they got on the subject of how old he was going to be, then it went to how old I am. Then the friends piped up. "My mom is older than both your parents. She's ____!"

Never a dull moment!

No comments: