Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Yesterday I dropped all the girls off at camp for the week. We had to put camp off until this week because of the appendix. So, J-Bird and I headed off and dropped them off. We were wondering what we should do with all the together time. Then he was invited to spend the night at his friends house and he had no problem ditching his mom.

By 1pm Knight and I were kid free. We decided to go to Fazoli's for dinner then to my sisters so Knight could play their Wii. He got his workout. Cheap date but we had fun. We didn't have that much time since we had to load his truck before dark, so that was the end of our date.

This morning I was able to wake up on my own. I started to try to figure out what I wanted to do with my morning when I heard a sound. A voice. It sounded close. What to do? Should I go get the gun? Should I hide? Call 911?

Then it occurred to me that it sounded familiar. Somewhere in the recess of my memory I remembered that sound. I couldn't quite place it just yet. It had to have been years since I have heard that voice.

Then I remembered.

It was the sound of myself thinking. I could hear myself think. Wow. I had forgotten what that was like. I was beginning to doubt I would ever have the pleasure of that again.

So, I was able to enjoy the morning with no tv, phone, radio, voices calling to me or fighting with each other. A rare thing for me.

Anyone have kids I could rent for the week??? On second thought, anyone want my kid for the week? Think of all the things I could do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh De, I'm trying to imagine, but as there is a thunderstorm in progress and the boys are inside...there is too much noise to imagine anything, except what might get broken!

Glad to hear you're having a well-deserved break. Sure, send your lone kid over to our place, what's one more.

Yeah, about the John Deere green. When my son began his collection of these I thought the same thing, where's the green? But we have green ones, too. :)