Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Things are getting back to normal around here. Rara keeps asking to go to the park. I did convince her that a bike ride was not the best idea in the world.

It seems to me that the other kids are determined to get me back to the ER though. Desti and her wrist is healing up fine, but we did get one call while in the hospital that she was wrestling with a cousin and twisted it again. J-Bird just came down and let me know he accidently swallowed a magnetix. WHAT??? You are six! Why did you have one in your mouth.

In doing a search on magnetix so I could have a link I found out that all of the sets have been recalled. WHY have I not heard about this??? To quote:
To date, CPSC and Mega Brands are aware of one death, one aspiration and 27
intestinal injuries. Emergency surgical intervention was needed in all but one
case. At least 1,500 incidents of magnets separating from the building pieces
have been reported. ... If a child swallows more than one tiny powerful magnet
detached from the plastic building pieces or one such magnet and a metallic
object, the objects can attract to each other inside the intestines and cause
perforations and/or blockage, which can be fatal, if not treated immediately
.

So now what do I do?? And how selfish am I that I'm thinking..."Man, I don't want to go through this again"

3 comments:

molly said...

So who ended up going to camp? :)
I've been trying to reach you on your land line. Hope you are all well.

Amy said...

Hi De, just checking in today to see how everybody was. I'm hoping you didn't take another trip to the emergency room. You need a break girl!

Anonymous said...

So how is he? Want did you end up doing? Gee, you need some down time, and I hope you get it.